Obtaining a Library CardYou must present your library card to check out materials, or to log onto the computer. Residents and property owners within the boundaries of the Cheboygan Area Public Library District may be issued a free library card. This card is good for a period of 3 years and may be used at any library that is a member of the PAC2 consortium.
The CAPL District is comprised of the City of Cheboygan and the Townships of Aloha, Beaugrand, Benton, Grant, Inverness, and portions of Hebron and Munro. We have a district map at the front desk if you are unsure, or you may check your winter tax bill to see if you we are listed.
To obtain a free card, you must present documentation showing your current residence.
Non-residents who wish to obtain a Cheboygan Area Public Library card may do so for a fee of $50.00. This fee entitles the purchaser's immediate family to individual cards and full use of the CAPL for one year. This card may not be used at any other library and does not allow you Interlibrary Loan service outside of the PAC2 consortium.
If your home library is a member of the PAC2 Consortium you must use your library card from your home library to borrow materials. The PAC2 libraries are:
- Alanson Public Library
- Bliss Branch of Mackinaw Area Public Library
- Boyne District Library
- Boyne Falls Branch
- Caledonia Branch of Alcona County Library
- Charlevoix Public Library
- Grand Lake Branch of Presque Isle
- Harrisville Branch of Alcona County Library
- Lincoln Branch Alcona County Library
- Mackinaw Area Public Library
- Mikado Branch of Alcona County Library
- Montmorency County Public Library--Atlanta
- Montmorency County Public Library--Hillman
- Montmorency County Public Library--Lewiston
- Northern MI Hospital Library
- Onaway Branch of Presque Isle
- Pellston Branch of Mackinaw Area Public Library
- Petoskey Public Library
- Posen Branch of Presque Isle
- Rogers City Branch of Presque Isle
- Walloon Lake Library